The Department of Pediatrics at UF&Shands would like to make your visit to the hospital and clinics as comfortable as possible. We’ve put together this page to help serve as a guide to make your visit with us easier.
Maps & Directions
- Shands Hospital for Children
- Shands Medical Plaza
- Pediatric Primary Care at Tower Square
- Pediatric Primary Care at the Gerold L. Schiebler CMS Center
- Shands Children’s Surgical Center
- Free parking on weeknights, weekends, and holidays
- Free parking for patients and their visitors
- Parking is $10 for non-patients and non-visitors
- Free valet is available for patients at the Shands Critical Care Center, the Pediatric E.R. and the Chest Pain E.R.
Shands Children’s Hospital offers visiting hours between 9 a.m. until 9 p.m, seven days a week.
Shands at UF has a cafeteria and food court located on the first floor of the hospital, northeast of the atrium. The hours are:
- Opus Coffee Kiosk: M-F, 6:45am – 5pm, Sat. 8am – 2pm
- Cafeteria: M-F, 6am – 8pm
- Subway: 7 days/week, 10am – 6am
- Wendy’s: 7 days/week, 6am – Midnight
- Hovan’s Mediterranean Deli: M-F, 10am – 7pm
- TCBY: M-F, 10am – 7pm
- Chick-fil-A (located on the Sun Terrace): M-F, 10:30am – 3pm, Sat., 10:30am – 2pm
- Einstein Bros. Bagels (located on the Sun Terrace): M-F, 7am – 3pm, Sat.-Sun., 8am – 2pm
- Medical Plaza Deli (located on the first floor of the Shands Medical Plaza): M-F, 7:30am – 3pm
- Panda Express (located on the Sun Terrace): M-F, 10:30am – 8:00pm
- Starbucks (located on the Sun Terrace): M-Th, 6:30am-6:00pm, Fri. 6:30am – 5:00pm
There are a number of hotel options in Gainesville for patients and their families, but Shands Hospital at the University of Florida also provides a helpful list of places to stay for those needing assistance in finding lodging for an extended period of time.