The Department of Pediatrics at UF Health would like to make your visit to the hospital and clinics as comfortable as possible. We’ve put together this page to help serve as a guide to make your visit with us easier.
Maps & Directions
- UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital
- UF Health Pediatric Specialties – Medical Plaza
- UF Health Pediatrics – Tower Square
- UF Health Pediatrics – Gerold L. Schiebler CMS Center
- UF Health Children’s Surgical Center
- Free parking on weeknights, weekends, and holidays
- Free parking for patients and their visitors
- Parking is $10 for non-patients and non-visitors
- Free valet is available for patients at the UF Health Critical Care Center, the Pediatric E.R. and the Chest Pain E.R.
UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital offers visiting hours between 9 a.m. until 9 p.m, seven days a week.
UF Health Shands Hospital has a cafeteria and food court located on the first floor of the hospital, northeast of the atrium. The hours are:
- Opus Coffee Kiosk: M-F, 6:45am – 5pm, Sat. 8am – 2pm
- Cafeteria: M-F, 6am – 8pm
- Subway: 7 days/week, 10am – 6am
- Wendy’s: 7 days/week, 6am – Midnight
- Hovan’s Mediterranean Deli: M-F, 10am – 7pm
- TCBY: M-F, 10am – 7pm
- Chick-fil-A (located on the Sun Terrace): M-F, 10:30am – 3pm, Sat., 10:30am – 2pm
- Einstein Bros. Bagels (located on the Sun Terrace): M-F, 7am – 3pm, Sat.-Sun., 8am – 2pm
- Medical Plaza Deli (located on the first floor of the Shands Medical Plaza): M-F, 7:30am – 3pm
- Panda Express (located on the Sun Terrace): M-F, 10:30am – 8:00pm
- Starbucks (located on the Sun Terrace): M-Th, 6:30am-6:00pm, Fri. 6:30am – 5:00pm
There are a number of hotel options in Gainesville for patients and their families, but UF Health Shands Hospital also provides a helpful list of places to stay for those needing assistance in finding lodging for an extended period of time.