COVID-19 INFORMATION Resources and Updates
For Patients & Families
We have compiled a list of helpful resources, including activities to do at home, to help you and your family during this very challenging time.
COVID-19 News & Videos
“The American Academy of Pediatrics and other groups are really strongly recommending the vaccine,” said UF Health Shands Pediatrician and…
Dr. Jennifer Co-Vu is a Pediatric Cardiologist at UF Health Shands. She says it has been proven that myocarditis occurs most commonly by contracting…
As cases of the omicron variant continue to surge, two federal agencies have approved booster shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for 12…
If you have general questions about COVID-19 and how it affects children, please email us at COVID-19InKids@ufl.edu
**DISCLAIMER: UF Health Department of Pediatrics has set up this email for general questions only. Any questions that are specific to a person or a person’s medical condition will not be answered. If you have specific questions about your child, please contact your doctor.**
For Faculty & Staff
Get the latest updates from UF Health Shands Hospital regarding the Coronavirus.
Find up-t-date information about COVID-19 from the UF College of Medicine.
The university has created a webpage that provides information for students, faculty and staff about the Coronavirus.
AAP COVID-19 News
- 5/5/20: Interim Chair Update
- 4/28/20: Interim Chair Update
- 4/20/20: Interim Chair Update
- 3/27/20: COVID-19 Update for Community Providers
- 3/12/20: Department of Pediatrics Policy Regarding Working Remotely
Resources for Working Remotely
- Alternate Work Location
- Pediatric VDI (Virtual Desktop )
- Telemedicine SharePoint
- Tip Page on Working Remotely
- UF Employee Assistance Program
- UF IT: Working Remotely Resources
- UF Zoom (downloading/getting started)
- Zoom (not MyChart) Telemedicine Tip Sheet
If you need to access EPIC from your home computer you will need to go to mycitrix.shands.org and from UF owned devices you will need to go to citrix.shands.org. You will need to install the Citrix plug-in which the website will prompt you to install the plug-in.
- Bouncer’s Indoor Playground Day Camp for healthcare professionals
- Twinkle Toes Nanny Agency has nannies and baby-sitters available and is giving priority to health professionals. You can contact the owner, Kristy Bickmeyer, at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Care@Work: Employee benefit program for UF College of Medicine employees
- Bambino Sitters has nannies and baby-sitters available and is waiving booking charges
- Nanny Poppinz Nanny Agency requires no upfront fees or application
- Sitter City offers baby-sitting services
- 6/12/20: Florida Medicaid Health Care Alert
- Reporting of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Health Care Providers
- Alerts for Facilities and Medicaid Providers
- SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Children
The New England Journal of Medicine
- Important Health Care Provider Updates for Coronavirus Disease 2019
Find helpful tips and information about the Coronavirus from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
The FL DOH website has helpful information specific to the state of Florida.
Find important updates from Alachua County through their website.