New Faculty Orientation
Your Pediatric Division administrator can guide/assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. They will need access to your outlook calendar to keep meeting schedules updated as well as to schedule any meetings through a third party.
Participation in the following meetings is encouraged and tracked and will be used in your annual evaluation:
- Participating in division meetings
- Pediatric department faculty meetings 4th Wednesday of the month at 5pm
- Grand rounds at 8am every Friday morning
It is important that you complete your required billing, medical records, HIPAA and billing compliance training yearly and in a timely fashion.
You are also responsible for keeping your hospital credentialing (every 2 years) and license current and updated.
Administration office contact information
- Pediatric Chairman’s office Main Number: 273-9001
- Lainey Bertisch, Chair office administrator: 273-9003
- Cathy Hoover, Chair office administrator: 273-8994
- Teresa Welch, Director Medical/Health administration: 273-9005
- Pediatric Chairman’s Fax Number: 392-0481
Promotion and Tenure (P&T)
The first day you begin is when the clock begins for promotion and tenure. This should not scare you; just make you aware that as you move through your first few years everything you do can/may count toward promotion.
Faculty will be awarded tenure and promotion based on a record of superior achievement in the 2 major academic missions of the College of Medicine (which should be equal or more than 15% of your FTE) and average in other categories. The areas of academic achievement on which faculty will be evaluated are:
- Service (administrative work)
- Patient Care
University of Florida guidelines for promotion and tenure can be found at the Office of the Provost website.
You need to start formulating your P&T application around end of first year as faculty and then keep it updated quarterly. You will need to review you P&T application with your designated mentor annually atleast to assure you are on track for promotion and provide appropriate guidance.